2019 Cruise Schedule
●For one person (either adult or child, inclusive of tax)
|Normal season （◇）||Busy season （◯）||Peak season （◎）|
|Otsu - Keage
|4,000 yen||5,000 yen||8,000 yen|
|Otsu - Yamashina||1,500 yen||2,000 yen||3,500 yen|
|Yamashina - Keage
（downstream only, stop at Yamashina）
|2,500 yen||3,000 yen||4,500 yen|
※Minimum passenger count: 1 person (single rider reservations are accepted)
※Children 2 years of age and under can board for free if sitting on their parent/guardian's lap.
※Prices are the same for downstream and upstream services.
※Please contact the office if you wish to charter the vessel for a day.
※If you would like to charter a vessel during the top season, additional operating charges may apply.
|Date of Use (=boarding date)||46 to 60 days prior to Date of Use||10% of the charter fee (for 1-day charter arrangement only)|
|22 to 45 days prior to Date of Use||10% of the charter fee (for 1-service charter arrangement only)|
|11 to 21 days prior to Date of Use||10% of the Boarding Fee|
|8 to 10 days prior to Date of Use||20% of the Boarding Fee (charter fee)|
|2 to 7 days prior to Date of Use||30% of the Boarding Fee (charter fee)|
|The day before Date of Use||50% of the Boarding Fee (charter fee)|
|On the day of Date of Use||100% of the Boarding Fee (charter fee)|
* The above are cancellation fees per person, except in the case of charter arrangements.
* In cases other than charter arrangements, a cancellation fee will not be incurred up until 22 days prior to the Date of Use (boarding date).
* If there are difficulties in navigating the boat due to bad weather, etc., which may put passengers at risk, we will suspend our services in accordance with the transportation agreement. Passengers will be given a full refund in such cases.
Downstream service5 services per day. Duration of boarding: approximately 55 minutes. Maximum of 12 passengers.
|from Otsu, SHIGA||9:00||9:15||12:25||12:45||15:45|
|from Yamashina, KYOTO
to Yamashina, KYOTO
|to Keage KYOTO||9:55||10:20||13:20||13:40||16:40|
Upstream service4 services per day. Duration of boarding: approximately 35 minutes. Maximum of 9 passengers.
|from Keage KYOTO||10:45||11:05||14:10||14:30|
|to Otsu, SHIGA||11:20||11:40||14:45||15:05|
* Upstream services will not stop at Yamashina.
* Times may vary.
● A guide is scheduled to give information at the boarding area approximately 30 minutes before departure.
● A guide will direct passengers after disembarkation and the group is scheduled to disband approximately 10-15 minutes after arrival.
● Please note that you will not be able to board the boat for reasons of safety if you are unable to arrive in time for the guide's instructions.
In such cases, we are unable to change the date and/or time of the ride or give refunds.
Overview of the Boats of The Lake Biwa Canal Cruise
- THE MEIJI
- THE HEISEI
|Length overall||7.50m||Maximum capacity||14 persons
(2 operators and 12 passengers)
|Depth||0.75m||Main engine||Outboard motor: 1 motor, 60PS×PRM|
|Draft (planned/full load)||0.30m||Service speed||about knot 10|
|Gross Tonnage||2.2t||Navigation area||JCI (Japan Craft Inspection Organization) smooth water area|
* You cannot specify which boat to board.
* The seat size is width 460mm and depth 420mm. If you exceed the seat size, you may not be able to board the boat for safety reasons.
The Lake Biwa Canal Cruise is renting facilities from the existing waterworks and therefore operates under strict conditions.
For your safety, please be sure to read the following before boarding.
- You will be asked to wear a life jacket, which will be available on the boat, for the duration of your boat ride.
- Please prepare your own raincoat, poncho etc., in case of rainy weather. (The boat is equipped with a roof, but rain may still come in from the front and gaps in the roof. Please also note that the use of umbrellas on the boat is prohibited for safety reasons.)
- As the temperature in the tunnel on the route is lower (about 5˚C or 9˚F lower) than at ground level, we recommend that you prepare for cold temperatures depending on the weather.
- Please note that you are prohibited to eat or drink outside of the designated area on the dock.
- Consumption of alcohol and smoking are not permitted.
- Large luggage such as suitcases are not allowed on board. We are also unable to store your luggage.
- Please note that in case you are unable to be present at the start of the guide's instructions due to being late, etc., you will not be allowed to board the boat for safety reasons.
- We are unable to give refunds or arrange another ride if you were unable to board due to being late, etc.
- In case of inclement weather, the ride may be canceled. We will post a confirmation of the service status on our website.
- Pets are not allowed on board. We are also unable to look after your pets.
- The boarding area utilizes facilities which were installed during the Meiji period, and there are some steps and narrow passages, etc.
For safety reasons, please submit a reservation request only if you and each of the members in your group are able to embark and disembark the boat on your own and have no difficulties boarding the boat.